Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

It's Currently October


Linking Up with Farley!

Oh' boy fourth grade

Listening to Hawaii Five-O. I began watching because I totally have a crush on Alex O'Loughlin, he's so pretty :) But I stayed for the fun & excitement. Scott Caan is hysterical, and I have found new love for Daniel Dae Kim, so handsome.

Loving my class this year. I've been able to a lot of fun stuff with my kids this year and they are doing great! I partnered with a 5th grade class and made ice cream, so cool!

Thinking I need to get serious about my centers/stations this week so I can begin testing. So while I have an amazing class this year, they are also high maintenance. I keep forgetting how much they are still 1st graders when they come to me at the beginning of the year, it happens every year. This group while seemingly more mature and independent than last year's group, are still very much seeking that teacher approval. So I need to get them more comfortable with their independence and assure them that they're doing they're best. That way I can get some testing done whilst my kiddos independently work.

Wanting more time. I don't know any teacher that doesn't want or need more time in a day, week or month. 'Nuff said.

Needing another massage. Last week I had a bad headache and it had just been a rough day/week so I called the place I go for massages and thankfully they had an opening. My back and neck are sensitive, but the girl was awesome, she had just the right pressure. It's always been my favorite when therapists work on my legs & feet. It totally puts me to sleep :) I just need to schedule an hour & a half next time, an hours nice, but it just never seems enough.

Trick: Whilst making a pocket in our math journals this week I got out some report card manila envelopes like they suggested in a workshop I went to this past summer. They told us to cut the envelope in half & Viola! two pockets to glue inside the journal. The instructors just told us to take the top part & tape it together so you could still use it for a pocket. I was so excited about doing ths too. One of my TAG kiddos piped up:

S: Ms. Wambsgans you can just close the envelope & turn it upside down.
Me: (Smacking my forehead) You're right! (Duh!)

Kids - 1, Ms. W -0

1 comment:

  1. A massage is sounding really nice! And I like that envelope trick. I'm doing some interactive journals too so that might be nice to do.

    Jessica
    Teach on a Limb

    ReplyDelete