Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Teacher Week '13 Thursday


It's Darnee here for classroom management. I blogged about this back in January so I'll defer to the post here. I really just need to tweak a couple things, like the tangibles, what color were they on at the end of the day, points for treasure box, etc. Here's just some things I love about Class Dojo.

I used to use a clipboard with a class list attached where I could give kids points, but Class Dojo saved my life. My kids last year lived to hear that "ding" sound when someone got a point. They've just updated a lot fo their professional materials to coerce your teacher friends & teammates to use this amazing app. It has the capability to work on an iPhone, iPad and from I can see android devices too!!

Now one thing I relinquish to my kiddos after a few weeks in school is monitoring the line in the hallway. The good thing is, they have the class iPad, I have my iPhone, just in case. What's also great is that if a kiddo gets a little carried away & tries to seek revenge out on a classmate whom they thought unfairly took away points, I can always go in through the website & adjust as necessary.

I love that you don't have to wait for Friday to send a report to parents. You can send one anytime during the week. I don't just have negative behaviors I take points away for, I incorporate good citizen traits, or being a good student/friend points, not to mention homework points :) So I can send those great positive notes home too!! Keeping up with parent communication is key ;)

Anywhos, I'd highly recommend using this awesome app. Oh and I forgot, they are great about customer service. Anytime I had a question or user error :-| they responded quickly and helped me out. Good luck with Dojo, once you've tried it you'll never go back!

1 comment:

  1. I am also OBSESSED with class dojo! I tweak it every year I use it, but I am so happy with how it is going this year. I plan on blogging about how I use it soon. :)

    Janae
    The Sharpened Pencil

    ReplyDelete