Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

August Currently

I'm linking up with Farley over at Oh' Boy Fourth Grade for August's installment of Currently.


Listening - I adore Bruno Mars, not only is he an amazing vocalist, love his tone, and a fun dancer, but he's such a cutie! I remember hearing him do guest vocals on a few songs and scouring iTunes & Rhapsody for his own album that hadn't even hit stores yet. I was hoping that this song would become a single when I first got his album, it did, yay!

Loving - Our wonderful principal paid for us to come in for a half day of planning with our grade levels before we technically have to go back to work on the 19th. It was awesome, we got to meet our new team member, who replaced our beloved Amanda. We went over some things that usually take up precious time during in-service and even got some 1st week ideas thrown around so lesson plans will go smoothly. Our grade level leader kept us on task and did a whole bunch of work getting ready for our meeting, so kudos to Lorrie!

Thinking - I have a gazillion things I want to make & implement in my classroom this year that'll need to start first day even, so I need to get a move on since I won't be able to get into my classroom until it looks like next week, sigh.....

Wanting - More vacation time! I lazied around in June, actually no I didn't I became addicted to teaching blogs, so in an effort to up my game I made a Teacher Binder and a few other items that'll hopefully make my life easier during the school year, fingers crossed ;)

Needing - My philosophy class ends tomorrow & my final assignments are due by 11:59pm. I turned in one yesterday and told myself to at least start, maybe finish the second one tonight, but I came home after lunch today and took a nap :-/ So after this post it's all about my personal education philosophy, prayers & happy thoughts are welcome.

B2S Must Haves:
1. 2 Planners - I've gotten to where I type up my lesson plans, because we have to submit them online to our administrators. But I also wind up printing them out, which doesn't save paper at all. Whelp I bought an erin condren planner last year and didn't even use it, so I'm making myself use it as just a guide for me to refer to, with general info about activities and still turn in my electronic plans.
2. Caffeine - Do I even need to elaborate here, it's the beginning of the school year, what teacher doesn't need coffee/tea/energy drink of some sort to make it through those first grueling weeks back with our new babies ;)
3. School Supplies - Every teacher I talk to has a love, addiction or whatever, of school supplies. I don't know any teacher that doesn't smile knowingly when Meg Ryan recalls Tom Hanks' comment of "Bouquets of sharpened pencils," then sniffs a pack of Scotch Tape at the beginning of You've Got Mail and says "Can't beat that!"

Back to my assignment & B2S fun ;) Til next time!


~Darnee~

6 comments:

  1. Hi Darnee,

    I just found your blog through August Currently. I loved reading it! I think we have ALOT in common. My classroom is in boxes, I need a teacher binder, I will need caffeine, I have a gazillion things on my mind and I teach second grade! :) Have a great school year.

    :) Shelley

    The Perks Of Teaching Primary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just arrived from the Currently. I too put school supplies on my BTs list:) My blog used to be called, "That New Crayon Smell" b/c honestly I do love it. The first day of school is so fabulous because the kids are the most well behaved and everything is N*E*W! Love it.

    Deniece
    This Little Piggy Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also loving this new wave of 70's/80's disco vibing music that is hitting the airwaves as of late! I hope you were able to finish that paper! Sending lots of happy thoughts your way! You've got this!

    ~Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to find you through Currently! I should have known I wanted to be a teacher when I was still a teenager and I used to peek into school windows just to look at all of the supplies piled on desks. I think I like "new crayon smell" even better than "new car smell"!
    Good luck getting your assignment done (you brave, brave soul!) and your back-to-school planning too!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. love Bruno Mars!!

    I saw that you are in Killeen. That's where I grew up (actually Harker Heights), but I graduated from KHS!!! I worked there for 7 years as well. I loved that time.

    I agree about the blogger meet up! Enjoyed reading your currently!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Darnee! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Whenever there's lots of page views but not as many comments, I always wonder who all the other people are!
    Bruno Mars is quite the talented cutie pie - I agree!
    Stop by and say hello anytime!
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete