Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Teacher Week '13 ~ Monday Meet the Teacher

Darnee here! We're linking up with the bloggers over at Blog Hoppin' this week to share our teachery things we've been so hard at work on this summer & especially this past month :)

So today is Meet the Teacher, aside from the About Me page up there ;) Here's the "Meet The Teacher" letter I give my students/parents on our Meet the Teacher night the Thursday before school starts.

Sorry for the size, but I had enlarged it so you're able to read & not squint, hehe :o)


Now a little bit about me, Amanda! I kind of said as much as I could over at "About Me" so, let's see what else I can share.  I have no children, but I do have a dog named Sadie that I adore!  My dog is about 8 years old, a second grader, and I love her to pieces!  She's a big brute when people come over, but is the sweetest little lady with me and my family. 



There's my baby girl! She is the only child I plan to have for many years to come.  This was during fall, and it is amazingly precious to me that they have bandanas made for dogs. I am fascinated by the simple things in life. 


I am also addicted to everything makeup related.  My favorite makeup guru is Michelle Phan.  August 15th she's launching her new makeup line, so I know I'm going to be broke!  Not that I'm not already from all the classroom materials I've had to buy!  Yikes.  I wont get paid till September because I switched school districts.  Can anyone say, "THANK GOODNESS FOR MY SAVINGS ACCOUNT!" Any other teachers aboard the money misery train?  My favorite shade of lipstick is red.  I feel confident and powerful when I wear red lipstick.  My favorite is Loreal Paris'  long lasting lipstick in Beyonce.  It lasts FOREVER.  I put it on before work, and it's still on when I get home without any touchups during the day.I have to use a toothbrush to brush it off my lips.  It works like magic. Hm, kind of makes you wonder what's in it...OH WELL.    



Wonder Woman is also a near and dear passion of mine. This phone case is from the DC online shop. I had to include it next to my Beyonce Lipstick.  I wear my Wonder Woman belt from Hot Topic almost every day with my slacks or with my Friday jeans.  Wonder Woman matches everything, and I dont care if it doesn't.  HA! Most teachers are Wonder Women, aren't they?  There's a lot of Superman teachers out there too!  

Last thing, I sing my heart out every chance I get.  I'm taking piano and voice lessons, and I loooove to sing!  I'm thinking about posting videos on youtube of me singing.  I wasn't sure about how that would affect my teaching career.  Should I or should I not?  Would it look bad on me as a professional educator?  I'd like some opinions!  

That's about all I can think of! This turned out longer than I thought.  That's pretty much all about me. I'm not impressed with the blogger app from Google.  This was from my Ipad since my computer is in the shop, and I can't change colors! It works for now I suppose.   



No comments:

Post a Comment