Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I Survived The First Week, Yay!

I got super excited about my class after Meet The Teacher on the 22nd. I was really looking forward to this year. I always get excited, nervous about a new school year, but this one for some reason has me all twitterpated. I'm crazy about my kiddos this year and can't wait for all the cool things we're going to do.

So I took a few pictures of just a couple things I did this week, I kept forgetting to break out the camera.

I began using Reagan Tunstill's Rise & Shine Binder with my class this year and we started on the 2nd day so I could give the kids their number of the day the rest of the week. Okay, the kids love it. I only started with a few of the pages I'll add more as we go through the year. I also bought the Rev Up Your Gray Matter that has some higher level activities for my kids when they reach that level.



Then later that same day we read Do Unto Otters, one of my absolute favorite 1st Week books to read to my kiddos because of the golden rule and it has OTTERS! I lurve otters ;)

After we read the book I introduced the class to Oswald the Otter, he watches over our class to make sure we're Doing Unto Otters as we'd like them to do unto us! I sent the kids back to their desks & we proceeded to talk about toothpaste. I know some of you already know where I'm headed with this, but for those who don't don't spoil the surprise.




They squeezed out the toothpaste onto a plate & tried to get it all back into the tube with toothpicks. On the plus side my room smelled minty fresh :-) After we cleaned up we talked about how while we can probably forgive someone for saying something mean, the words can never be taken back, there's always a little reminder in the person's mind, ie leftover toothpaste on the plate.

On Thursday I got my SLANT box (see button on the side over there ---->) from Jessica over at Covered in Glitter & Glue in California. She got me ya'll.


The hand made card was precious. Not to mention the photos of my childhood & current obsessions New Kids on the Block and Bruno Mars. The yummy Skittles are a nice little pick me up in the afternoon. Another childhood reminder from the 80's Care Bear stickers, how cute are those, love. And some brand spanking new Ticonderoga pencils ready to be sharpened in my new sharpener. There was also a Starbucks card, but I er um...used it to feed my pumpkin spice latte indulgences ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment