Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The End...Now Onto Next Year

It's bittersweet though. While I see a lot of teacher blogs & they are all very upbeat, I want to make sure that while I do have my upbeat moments I also have those lows.

At the end of each year & as I plan for the next year I'm constantly reflecting on what works, what didn't & what can I different to make it work. This year that moment came a bit earlier than usual. Our principal did an exit interview with everyone on campus with only the following 2 questions: how did you think your year went & what are you doing this summer?

I answered honestly & didn't sugarcoat it either, lol. I tend to get a similar student each year, so that tells me I still have something to learn from "that" student. I'm looking forward to next year, the new challenges & applying new learning.

As this year's journey ends I've begun a new chapter by starting work on my Master's degree, on line, in Gifted, Talented & Creative Education through Arkansas State University. I'm very excited & extremely nervous, it's been 12 years since I've been in school so getting back into the swing of things is gonna take a while.

I've also been stalking Pinterest. I love Pinterest. Two years ago a friend of mine, Alice, at another campus & very helpful at the "teacher crack" store, Educational Outfitters, introduced me to Pinterest. That was before you could sign up freely, you needed to be invited. I was singing it's praises to my teammates immediately. They all looked at me like I was kinda crazy, but now, well now we all know love Pinterest. We lay down & worship at Pinterest's feet at this point :)

One thing I've noticed lately is a lot of teachers trying to get more organized for the upcoming year. Now I know for some it is way too early to be thinking about next year seeing as we just started vacay 10 days ago, crazy right?!? Well, I can't resist. Last year I did a lot of things, bought supplies to make things & made my Superhero decor while wiling the way through summer. In an effort to stay more organized next year: I'll be working plus taking my grad school classes I need to be as organized as possible.

Now don't worry I have a mini vacay scheduled in early/mid July. Going home to visit family & my brother's wedding. I've already set time aside to go back to clean & set-up my room in late July. I had to move rooms & still have some things in my old room, plus my room needs to be set up earlier cuz they're having one of the job-alike days at our campus & they want to use my room, EEK! Otherwise I'd go back later, but since others are going to see the chaos, I need to tone it down a bit.

Aaaannnnddddddd.................I'm rambling. I'm creating my Teacher Binder & gaining lots of inspiration from the education Pinterest boards. Here's a little sneaky peak to whet your whistles :)


Thanks to MelondHeadz Illustrations & Graphics From the Pond for the background & little superheroes.

I decided to stay with the Superhero theme since I spent so much time last summer making my heroes :) So I've also been trolling TpT & Teacher's Notebook for more Superhero items. Superheroes have taken off like gangbusters, there are a ton more Superhero items than I'd found last year. So I'm getting all excited & giddy for next year & my kiddos. Can't wait!

I've decided to link up to the Oh Boy 4th Grade Currently Linky Party. I've been inspired by so many others. I'm looking forward to all the fun things I'm going to find in this new venture.


1 comment:

  1. Your plans to further your education sound so exciting! It's obvious from your blog that you are conscientious and dedicated to teaching and learning...you can do it! Oh, and if you locate that Magic Maid, please send her/him to South Dakota! ;)

    ReplyDelete