Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

July Currently

Linking up with the other 400+ bloggers for Farley's July Currently installation :)


Listening - Pitch Perfect, saw this movie when it came out, because I'm such a fan of Anna Kendrick ever since I saw her in the indie film, Camp. I'm also a lover of all things Rebel Wilson, what a riot, love her as Fat Amy. When I first saw the movie I recognized one of the film's locations as being the Greek Amphitheater on LSU's campus. I thought "Nah," couldn't be, well then during the riff off in the Huey P. Long Fieldhouse & then the shot of the Music Building it was "OMG! That's LSU!!!!!" So that movie has an even bigger place in my heart, Geaux Tigers!

Loving - I get high anxiety when I make my eye appts each year or so. I loathe the eye pressure test, you know the one where they blow a puff of air into your eye, ugh! Well thankfully they have a less invasive procedure to check that, still sucks though cuz they have to get really close to your eye. I got my new contacts, but after using my glasses since my last pair of contacts ran out, I thought it was time for a new pair. I found a really fun, cute pair for $50 :) Can't wait to sport them next week when I go home for vacay.

Thinking -I'm in the throes of laundry that's been piling up since school began last year. Laundry is the bane of my existence, so now that it's summer I've been catching up.

Wanting - With the onset of July my summer is swiftly going to fly by the rest of the time. The next few weeks are going to be crazy busy. Planning, packing, visiting, etc in preparation for going home. The week after I have a workshop, then I head over to Louisiana for my brother's wedding at the end of the week. Finally the following week I'm helping out my sister with the Tribe's Language Camp.

Needing - My textbook. I er um didn't order my textbook early enough, so I sit here patiently waiting for the book to arrive so I can dive in, read my chapters & get my assignments done so I'll have one more thing to cross off my ever increasing to-do checklist.

Tips, Tricks, or Hints - Long drives = no drinks. Taking a lot of road trips home, I've gotten pretty good at my routine, and that includes not a lot of fluids :) Oh & don't forget your summer playlist to keep you awake & motivated during those long drives, especially if you're driving alone.

2 comments:

  1. Pitch Perfect is HILARIOUS!!! I am hoping summer slows down too!
    :) Dana
    Common to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check that movie out...I am always looking for new movies.

    I cannot believe it is July either. Summer goes by waaaaaayyyyyy to quickly. BTW-I am a Texas teacher too. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower on here and on Bloglovin'. I would love for you to hop over for a visit when you get the chance.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete